Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Boy who Loved Rain

I received a copy of THE BOY WHO LOVED RAIN by Gerard Kelly from Lion Hudson via Kregel.  I knew right away from the back blurb that I would enjoy this and the book did not disappoint.  Not only is the cover intriguing, but the first sentence (in the prologue) will blow you away: When I was thirteen I lost myself.  Yes, why did you lose yourself?  What was so important about thirteen?  What are you doing now?  I couldn’t stop reading. 

This is not a sweet, fluffy book, so be prepared for emotion.  In a nutshell, this is a book about secrets and how those secrets affect a family.  I loved the part that the rain played in the novel. 

I really felt for Colom, one of the main characters in the book.  A story has to grab me with its realistic qualities, and Colom did it for me.  I wanted to dive into the book just to be at his side.


I highly recommend it to people who like poignant stories with a strong Christian feel.  I haven’t read many books like this one, and perhaps that’s why it stuck out to me so strongly and has embedded itself into my memory bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment