Thursday, June 7, 2012

FOOLS AND KNAVES


I was given a copy of the book FOOLS AND KNAVES:  THE TRUE STORY OF MY HISTORIC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN by Jim J. Johnson, Former Presidential Candidate as told to Steven Clifford.  I wasn’t sure what to expect, as I don’t normally read political books, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  The writing is witty and comical.  I was entranced from the first sentence to the last.  It wove a spell that put me beside Jim J. Johnson.  I pictured us sitting on a park bench, enjoying a warm and sunny day, while he told me his story. 

The writing didn’t feel like nonfiction.  Many parts felt like fiction, with dialogue and descriptions.  Some terms were over my head – I’m not very big on politics.  However, they were explained and didn’t jar me from the story.  I recommend this to anyone who wants a rollicking read, interested in “the other point of view,” or intrigued by politics. 



For anyone interested, here is the book trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD06Iy6zSJA

No comments:

Post a Comment