Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gathering Shadows

I received a copy of GATHERING SHADOWS by Nancy Mehl from Bethany House.  It is the first installation of the Finding Sanctuary series. 

Bethany House sends out an email asking the reviewer to choose which book to receive in the mail.  I read through the options with my mother, as I share most of the books I read with her afterwards.  We both agreed that GATHERING SHADOWS sounded the best.  Wynter Evans lost her brother nine years ago when he disappeared, and now she finds a photograph of him.  Um…can you say intriguing?  I hadn’t expected to read this book as quickly as I did, but I really flew through it.  It is one of those hard-to-put-down reads.  Once you start it, you’ll see what I mean. 


There is great suspense, and I might just be bad at picking the bad guy, but I never guessed who it was!  The whole idea of the town of Sanctuary was captivating.  Basically, you go there if you want to disappear.  There is so much creativity in this novel.  Nancy Mehl is truly a pleasure to read.  I highly recommend this book to fans of romantic suspense.  I’m quite ready to dive into the second book in this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment