Thursday, May 8, 2014

Merlin's Nightmare

I received a copy of MERLIN’S NIGHTMARE by Robert Treskillard from Blink via BookSneeze.  When I first saw the novel, I was a little wary.  I love Arthurian legends, but sometimes they become repetitive, and you start to feel that it is just the same story over and over again.  Then, I decided to give it a go, especially because it is for young adults.  In my opinion, you can never introduce people to King Arthur young enough. 

This is the third installment in the Merlin’s Spiral series.  In it, Arthur is eighteen and Merlin is keeping a secret.  Chaos breaks loose.  Arthur steps up into a leadership role.  There is plenty of adventure and fantasy to keep the reader’s interest. 


I will keep watch for the other installments.  I loved how this novel brought the Christian religion into the mix, which other Arthurian tales I’ve read did not.  Oh yeah, and there were werewolves.  That was another new quality.  You don’t have to be a teenager to enjoy MERLIN’S NIGHTMARE; it will appeal to anyone intrigued by a fast-paced story.  It also comes with a pronunciation guide, for anyone unfamiliar with Arthurian tales.  For those who haven’t read the other books, there is a guide for a recap as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment