Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Seagrass Pier

I received a copy of SEAGRASS PIER by Colleen Coble from Thomas Nelson via BookSneeze.  I was thrilled for the chance to read this, as I have greatly enjoyed earlier books by Colleen Coble.  Plus, this one took place at the beach.  It was perfect summer reading and I was able to pass it on to my mother, who adores anything that takes place near the water, in particular the beach.   

SEAGRASS PIER is the third installment of the Hope Beach series.  It started a little slow for me, but I quickly got into it and rushed to the end.  I don’t like to take a lot of time between first chapter and last so that I stay engaged in the story. 


In the story, Elin Summerall has had a heart transplant.  This reminded me of my uncle, who had open heart surgery.  For Elin, she is doing well, but she is having nightmares of a murder.  She thinks the nightmares are memories from the heart’s first owner.  What an incredible premise for a story!  There is so much suspense and you keep guessing right up until the end.  Fans of Colleen Coble, and any mystery lovers, will enjoy this story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment