Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Dream of Home

I received a copy of A DREAM OF HOME by Amy Clipston from Zondervan via BookSneeze.  It is the third installment in the Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel series of Amish fiction.  I requested this book as I enjoy reading Amish fiction and I love sharing such stories with my mother, who is an even greater fanatic than I am.  We visit Lancaster County in Pennsylvania once a year.

A DREAM OF HOME left me with mixed feelings.  In regards to the romance, it was sweet and left me with a smile.  Saul, an Amish man, has been hurt by his wife’s abandonment, and Madeleine, his new English neighbor, is wounded from her fiancé’s death.  They are drawn to each other, a bond made stronger by Saul’s daughter, but they fear their different worlds will keep them apart.  I couldn’t wait to see what happened with their romance. 

On the other hand, some parts seemed contrived.  I never had a strong sense of what Saul looked like, apart from a moment when he’s updating her cabinets and she marvels at his strength. 


For those who have read others in the series (I have read and enjoyed the first book), they will enjoy seeing past characters return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment