Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wisdom of the Sadhu

I received a copy of WISDOM OF SADHU: TEACHINGS OF SUNDAR SINGH from Plough. The book is compiled and edited by Kim Comer. 

What a fascinating read.  I hadn’t known about Sundar Singh before, but after reading this, I know I will need to seek out more reference information.  The book does an excellent job of explaining how Sundar Singh thought, as well as many of his actions.  I especially enjoyed how it looked at Christianity without being overly preachy.  The book is written with grace, understanding, and knowledge, and that equals power, in the sense of drawing people closer to Christ in a smooth transition. 


I also found the referenced to culture in India enlightening.  I greatly learning about other cultures, and having Christianity as an undertone made it even better.  I highly recommend this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment