Sunday, October 19, 2014

HIT

I received a copy of HIT by Lorie Ann Grover from Blink via BookSneeze.  This book blew me away.  It is gripping from first page to last, and the writing style is fast, crisp, and addictive.  It is the type of novel you can read cover to cover in one sitting.  In fact, I recommend you do, otherwise you won’t be able to stop thinking about the characters.

People’s lives change in one second.  That is the main theme of the story, or so I took away.  Another theme involves student-teacher relationships.  I found it intriguing, since I taught at a college for a short time.  Nothing like this ever happened to me, but I found a pulling toward Mr. Haddings, the poetry professor.  There is so much emotion within the chapters.  Sometimes I cried, other times I shuddered.  This is a book geared toward young adults, and the writing reflected that, but in a good way. 

Sarah declares her feelings for her teacher in her poetry journal.  Then, one rainy day, the teacher hits Sarah with his car.  The book focuses on three days, and you get to experience the emotions of the people surrounding Sarah after the accident. 


HIT is another book I highly recommend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment