Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Guess Who: Noah's Boat

I received a copy of GUESS WHO NOAH’S BOAT from Kregel.  It is written by Matt Mitter and illustrated by Ela Jarzabek.  It is, in one word, adorable.  The pictures are bright and the characters, always smiling and colorful, remind me of stuffed animals.  The book itself is hard and cardboard-like, so it is perfect for young hands.  The spreads include flip-up areas that reveal more exciting pictures.  The theme of the book involves “guessing” who is hiding behind bushes, crates, and so on. 

I loved how easy the flip sections were to find.  I recall books from my childhood when I had to struggle to locate what flipped, and even then I missed some.  Yes, it was thrilling to discover them later, but it felt refreshing to find them the first time through.

I can see adults buying toys to match the animals in the story.  The pages contain poem verse, so as children grow older, they can recite back the poems.


The message of the book, Noah’s Ark, is strong.  This is an excellent way to introduce young minds to the Bible.  I highly recommend this.  I will be passing it on to a friend for her infant.  This is definitely a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment